Learn how applied behaviour analysis is used in clinical, school and work settings and begin your journey to becoming a Board Certified Behaviour Analyst (BCBA)®
What is ABA?
Applied behaviour analysis (ABA) is a scientific discipline that systematically analyses and applies principles of learning theory to bring about meaningful and positive changes in behaviour.
Why study a Master of Education in Applied Behaviour Analysis?
- Behaviour analysts are in increasing demand in the education and disability support sectors
- Many evidence-based treatments are based on ABA, and endorsed by leading autism support organisations
- Research indicates that early, intensive intervention can substantially improve the functional abilities of children with autism
- Flexible study mode (Clayton or off-campus), allowing you to continue working while studying
- Take the initial steps towards becoming a BCBA®
What will you study?
Monash’s new Master of Education in Applied Behaviour Analysis will give you an understanding of the major theoretical and professional debates in education. You’ll also gain knowledge and expertise in:
- Principles of behaviour modification and their application
- Identification and assessment of behaviours
- Evidence-based practices for behaviour analysts
- Experimental design for research into behaviour analysis
- Professional ethics in behaviour analysis.
The Behavior Analyst Certification Board® Inc. has verified the above course sequence as meeting the coursework requirements for eligibility to take the Board Certified Behavior Analyst® Examination. Applicants will have to meet additional requirements to qualify. For further information on BCBA® requirements visit: bacb.com/bcba/
You’ll be orientated to the field of education and gain an understanding of the major theoretical and professional debates in education. You’ll also gain knowledge and expertise in the specialist area of ABA.
The units in this specialisation have theoretical and practical relevance to professionals in a range of contexts, including inclusive and special education, and the disability sector. You’ll be challenged to make connections between research and practice and will be equipped to pursue education-related careers and/or further study in education.
For more information on the Master of Education in Applied Behaviour Analysis visit: monash.edu/education/edaba